warrior
player: kef
11 posts

Group Icon

Awards: None

Stars are only visible in darkness ,
Fear is ever-changing and evolving.
There is no pain in the City of Light.

It was strange here. Echo was happy, but she didn't feel happy. She felt empty. Somehow, though, she was happy about it. Why else would she have been smiling all the time? There was no pain, just as had been promised when she'd been given the Key. Heda Ontari had commanded that everyone take the key, and so they had. There had been no hesitation. They had all taken the key without hesitation, without question. Heda had commanded it, and you didn't argue with Ontari. There would have been no point in it even if she'd wanted to. Ontari had been... Ontari had been... Funny, Echo could hardly remember the Commander now. With a shrug, a small smile tugging at her lips, the brunette continued on, walking along a road that was nothing like the roads she had grown up knowing. It sparkled beautifully, looking like it might have just rained, and yet there were no clouds in the sky. Something felt wrong, but any time she tried to think about it, it was like her mind wouldn't focus. Nothing was wrong. There was no pain in the City of Light.

Echo turned a corner. She wasn't sure where she was going, but she wasn't in a hurry. She was happy. Everyone was happy. Echo couldn't even remember a time when she wasn't... happy. There must have been one. As she tried to think about it, her steps slowed, her face growing drawn as she tried to focus on what she couldn't. It was like she was on the other side of a wall, trying to see through it. With a sigh, she shrugged though no one was watching her, and continued on her way, through a throng of people milling about. There was a smile stretching softly over her face as she pushed through the people, a quiet apology slipping from her lips every so often as she bumped into someone, though she didn't really care. It was automatic, and she wasn't sure how to stop herself from repeatedly saying she was sorry to these strangers. Whoever they were, they seemed to be...happy.

The crowd thinned as Echo reached the end of the block. Turning to her left, she walked up a small flight of stairs. As she reached the top, she entered a small park. There was grass, green as anything she had ever seen. The small smile on her lips grew wider as she bent down to remove her shoes. Barefoot, shoes in her hand, Echo stepped into the grass. It was so soft; she was sure she had never felt anything quite as soft before in all her life. The sun was warm as it beat down on her face, and she tilted her head back to soak more of it in. Content, Echo let her chin fall back down, her eyes opening slowly. Somehow, the brightness of the sun didn't seem to hurt her eyes at all. There was no pain in the City of Light.

Walking barefoot through the park, Echo came up to a bench. It wasn't empty: There was a person sitting there, a girl. As Echo moved around to look at her, the girl was...familiar, but when Echo tried to place where she knew this girl from, her mind grew fuzzy. Again, it was like she was trying to stare through a solid wall into the next room - she knew the room was there, but couldn't find a way to see it, let alone enter. "Mind if I sit with you," she asked, sounding far more friendly than she should have. Something about this place... It made her different. Or maybe she was just imagining things. Still, Echo didn't quite feel like she was herself anymore. "I'm sorry. You look really familiar. Have we met before?" With a slight tilt of her head, she eyed the younger woman next to her, trying to place the face. It was someone she knew, someone she had met, but it felt like it had been a whole lifetime ago, or perhaps in a dream.

Talia | hope this is okay bb <3 ©
PMEmail
^
Talia
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 05:06 PM

Wayward
player: Jess
20 posts

Group Icon

Awards: 6

Life was content. There was no pain here in the City of Light. The sun was warm; dappling over every arc and line of the utopia metropolis with it’s soft lighting. The air gently played with the ends of her hair as the small blonde stared up at the clouds in peaceful repose. More often than not, people could find her here among the grass; her oversized cream sweater swallowing her up in it’s fluff as her dark denim wrapped legs twined about this way and that. Stretching out long and lean, feet kneading outward and arms splayed above her head she wondered idly to herself what patterns the clouds would drift in today. There was a set that would follow each other in tandem; she could never quite identify what it was she was looking at all the time but she recognized them nonetheless even when their names escaped her. It was alright. She knew enough of them; those she couldn’t place were adventures to learn for another day. All that mattered was how much she loved the clouds.

Especially since they would travel in circuits, she just needed to figure out which one of the patterns she was inside of first. There was only so many variances, and she had made it a habit of memorizing them all, picking apart their script until she knew every line. There was one cloud, the long-eared creature with a rounded tail, that followed something that looked almost like a bouquet of flowers. Her favorite clouds were the ones that grouped together with the six birds that left their perch on one of the trees to circle around one of the skyscrapers overlooking the bay every few hours. The clouds reminded her of what could have been a bear and a wolf. The bear cloud made her half smile settle into a full grin. She called her brother Viktar a bear; he was here with her somewhere inside the City, possibly speaking with their savior A.L.I.E. or perhaps Thelonious. Her brother always seemed to fit well with those who were important, it was just a simple fact she had known since… always? She had watched him shine her whole life, though there weren’t patterns she couldn’t place and memories she couldn’t find. Like the space between the silk of a spider web, her memories were a whole made up of missing piece. But that did not matter and after a heartbeat skip, drag, and finally settle into place the thought was gone with the breeze.

There was however a division that the second cloud jarred at. The wolf, barely seen now as it ducked behind what she could see of the horizon, brought her… pause. There was a feedback loop of whining in her head as she stared up at the white fluff that matched her equally favorite warm and soft sweater. The wolf reminded her of Rhys. And Rhys hadn’t chosen a life without pain yet. He had run from the safety A.L.I.E. provided and Talia couldn’t seem to find him when she was allowed to bring new converts to the City. She had brought so many over; sometimes they chose the life of peace and freedom from pain. Other times she had to convince their conversion for their own good. It was better this way; and like the adage went, she made sure to attach the air mask to others once hers was safely in place. It was something she learned inside… inside the… inside Mou-

T̶h̸e̵r̸e̴ ̶i̶s̸ ̶n̵o̸ ̴p̶a̸i̸n̸ ̶i̴n̵ ̵t̴h̶e̸ ̵C̴i̶t̶y̶ ̵o̴f̷ ̸L̸i̶g̷h̴t̵.̶

Life was content. There was no pain here in the City of Light. The sun was warm; dappling over every arc and line of the utopia metropolis with it’s soft lighting. The air gently played with the ends of her hair as the small blonde wandered the streets among her fellow pilgrims. The stairway that caught her attention was tiered, and the wall of glass behind it sparkled like a diamond. Wandering over with a wistful smile, Talia tilted her head inquisitively to take in her appearance. She always liked the plume of her disheveled ponytail. It was high, jauntily crooked with a braid hidden in it’s depths. She had to teach herself how to braid on her own. Doing her hair, as simple an action that it was brought her peace. And while her living conditions were not the most spacious it gave the braid character. It was hard to lift her arms that high when she was crouched. Besides, it always came out so awkwardly because she knew her braids weren’t nearly as pristine and ornate as the woman who taught her. Her nomon had the most beautiful braids in all of her village. Her nomon couldn’t braid her hair anymore. Not after they took her awa-

< p >

T̷̗͛͜h̵͓͖̲͆ë̶̪̜͓̳̘͂́́̎͝r̷̜̓͌̚͜e̸͈̞̿ͅ ̶̥̜̖̫͎̄̇ȋ̴̦̱͚̜͜s̴͕̘̹͊͋͋̐̍̎̕ ̵͔͙̿ň̴̢͉̠̟̪̗͑̑ͅo̷̘͑̒̽̒̃̐ ̷̨̚p̵̹̈́ͅa̴̙̱̫̣̺͆̑̂i̶̗̣̫̙̭̝͑̽́̑̎͐͝n̵̼͎̭̭̉ ̶̪̊͂̋̈í̷̡̬͕͙̬̳̘̀n̶̺̮̺̾͗ ̶̛͔̗͂́́͘t̸̬̽̔͛h̷̺̜̒̈́͠ͅe̷͔͖̱̍͑͊ ̵̨̫̝͇̦̞́̒Ĉ̵͍͚̻̂͂̕ỉ̸͙̋̊̾͘t̸̞̠͋͒͝ẏ̶͖ ̶̧̨͉͔̝̫͉̔̔̿̉͂̊o̸͈̱̥̯̓f̸̡̻̄͝ ̵͖̯̄̅̄̄̔͝L̴͇̜̜̿̑͑̂̿͐̎i̵͓̣͊̍̍̈̄ͅģ̷̜̬̼̥̥̲̈́́̌̉̓h̴̡̲̺̱̰͗͜t̷̬̅͐̆̅̿̓.̷̮́

< p >

Life was content. There was no pain here in the City of Light. The sun was warm; dappling over every arc and line of the utopia metropolis with it’s soft lighting. The air gently played with the ends of her hair as the small blonde wandered by the water’s edge along the docks. There was a certain peace that came with the tide of the ocean in the bay. It was calming to watch the waves, a soothing constant that by it’s very nature came and went as gentle as a sigh. Even the darkness of it’s depths was something that brought her a sense of quiet wonder. Sitting on the edge of the dock, she let her legs swing back and forth over the edge. Her bare feet sluicing through the waves along with her heartbeat. Back and forth, back and forth. She had nothing to fear, nothing pressing to find, no plans. Simply waiting here by the tide to chase her impulse and joy. Talia smiled softly; she had made it. They had been trying to get to the coast for some time. Rhys spoke about taking her across the waves one day. To go to Floukru and spend time with those he had traded with for his crossbow. They were safe, they were peaceful like here. They were somewhere they could be free. She had forgotten what freedom was like behind those bars. Dreaming of Rhys and their journey to Floukru made her endless days imprisoned by Skaikru go by faster. Those dreams took her focus off the betrayal, off the pain and infection settling into the port in her che-

< p >

Ṫ̵̛̞̝̑̑̑̓̕a̴̡̫͔̪̙͆̒̽̄̈͠l̶̪̙̖̬̀̐̈̌́͒̚i̴̭̟̠̼̫͊a̵̘̋̑̉̑̐͝͝ͅ,̷̧̤̘͖͉̒ ̵̡̀͛͑̾̔̑L̷̲̻̍͒ȩ̵̫̩̘́̏̊t̸̨̙̣̣͆̃ ̷̣̪̼̰̈̃̈͆m̶̯̀͑̌͌̋e̷͔̫̱͈̓̾ ̵̢̤̰̦̝̺̖͛̉̀̚ē̴̢̹̠͈̹̞̦͝ȁ̵̝̲̪̟̾͘s̵̨̡̥͕̞̗͍̉͆ȇ̶̲ ̶̡͑̈́͠y̷̘̝̭̿̀̓͌̕ȏ̴̥̣̩̣̲̙̬ú̷͈̭̐̕͝ͅr̸̢̮͚̯̟̊̂̎͠ ̶͉̄̿͊̿̕p̷͎͓͙̄̃̍͛̌͝å̴̲̲i̵͓̼̦̐n̴̩̈́͋̃̓̽͆̆.̵̨̧̫͇̯͓͕͊́̎͛̌̎͛

< /div >

Life was content. There was no pain here in the City of Light. The sun was warm; dappling over every arc and line of the utopia metropolis with it’s soft lighting. The air gently played with the ends of her hair as the small blonde sat peacefully on a bench in the park. The wet legs of her jeans were a light chill, her bare feet and clothes covered in bits of grass as she hummed quietly to herself. The song was one she knew deep in her bones, an anthem she remembered learning when she was young. One her village used to have her sing beside the campfire, to the delight of her family. It rang a chord in her, thrumming deep into her sense of self and it seemed to lift some of the cloud that settled like cotton around her head. Yet still, she watched, though her eyes felt a little less unfocused. She liked seeing the others mill about, their happiness feeding her own. She lost so much time, I̵s̷ ̸i̴t̷ ̶t̴r̶u̷l̸y̷ ̴a̸ ̴l̴o̸s̴s̷?̴, people watching peacefully.

So caught up was she in her quiet musing that she didn’t realize when one of them sat down beside her with a soft expression on her face. ”Not at all! Please!” Her voice was animated, bright and real. And it was as she settled in beside her that Talia truly took in the features of the brunette beside her. It was second nature having this woman to her left, as if they belonged paired together watching people ignore them as they went by. ”Maybe? You look familiar too. I’m Talia.” Folding her legs up underneath her, the smaller blonde turned and shifted her weight to face the other woman, happy to have made a friend in this rather lonely place. ”Huh. Déjà vu… Isn’t that funny?”

echo » 1422 » You are PERFECTION!! I am so sorry this is both late and not the best. For some reason I suck today. Though I do like the references to computer code I tried to weave into the descriptions since Talia’s “super power” is figuring out what’s wrong in a situation. Plus ya know, the glitches… which have an easter egg in them...

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Echo
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 10:38 AM

warrior
player: kef
11 posts

Group Icon

Awards: None

Stars are only visible in darkness ,
Fear is ever-changing and evolving.
The little blonde welcomed Echo, and she took the seat beside her. Echo was sure she knew this girl. And yet... Echo was sure she didn't know this girl. She tried to remember where she knew this girl from, and every time she did, she was only greeted with the certainty that she had never seen this girl before in her entire life. Echo's dark eyes focused on the girl's face, studying her. After a moment, she realized she was staring, and dropped her gaze demurely, an apologetic look on her face, though the words didn't pass her lips. Somehow, sitting here, next to this girl she did didn't know, felt natural. It felt like she'd done it before, but as her mind approached the thought, the memory, it seemed to skitter away, leaving her head feeling like it was full of snow. Echo shook her head once, trying to clear it, trying to remember.

At least Echo wasn't the only one who felt the familiarity between them. "Talia," she repeated, almost as if she were tasting the name. The way her mouth formed the word felt easy, as if she'd done it a million times before. The way the name fell from her lips brought back a faded memory: painful - There is no pain in the City of Light.

Echo smiled softly at the girl. "My name's Echo," she replied, sure she'd never met this little blonde before in her entire life. And yet... A soft chuckle, warm like the breeze that played with her hair, slipped from her lips as she shifted similarly, turning more of her attention towards the younger girl. She was so familiar. "It is. I've never experienced it before now." There was gentle agreement in her words, a smile on her lips. "It's a... weird feeling, isn't it?" Talking to this girl, to Talia, felt easy. It felt like Echo had known her for ages, but this was the first time they had ever met. Echo was sure of that. No, she wasn't sure. She was sure she wasn't sure.

"How long have you been here," the question was slipping from her lips before she had even given herself the chance to think it over. Something about the wording of the question felt off. She hadn't asked Talia how long she'd lived here, just how long she'd been here. It almost felt like she'd done the same before. But she couldn't have, because they were just meeting for the first time. In cages, they were in cages. There was so much fear, so much pain- There is no pain in the City of Light. Echo found her gaze drifting away from Talia, moving over the park, over the people milling about peacefully. They were all so tranquil, it was almost unsettling. It seemed wrong somehow. "Are you here alone?" As she brought her gaze back to Talia's face, Echo let her head tilt to one side, just slightly, indicating her curiosity.

Talia | so not late and so definitely the best (like you) i still can't get over how amazing this post is PLUS THE AESTHETIC i love it; everything about this is perfect YOU are perfect <3 this post, however, is garbage ©
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll